What’s the Outlook for Electric Cars in 2020?
With new sales records set every year, the race to electric vehicles is continuing to heat up. We surveyed the headlines to see what’s next for the EV industry in 2020 and beyond.
The Big Breakthrough Year For EVs
- Will 2020 be a breakthrough year for EVs? InsideEVs thinks so, and featured a slideshow of 14 new EVs expected in 2020.
Where Are the Boring EVs?
- Attention-getting EV models such as the Porsche Taycan are inspiring significant interest in electric driving. But Fortune wonders how far we are from having a fleet of “perfectly plain EVs populating our roads.” The story charts the evolution of EVs from the Nissan LEAF to the emergence of Tesla to what’s next — and the perceived pluses and minuses of adoption.
How Many Electric Vehicles Will Tesla, Volkswagen, & Nissan Sell In 2020–2025?
- CleanTechnica takes a look inside a crystal ball to predict how many EVs Tesla, Volkswagen and Nissan will sell in the next five years.
New Battery Could Charge an Electric Car in 10 Minutes
- Could a new battery charge an EV in 10 minutes? Discover explores a recent report that considers the possibility.
How Electric Cars Will Change Driving And The Economy
- NPR reported on how EVs will change driving and the economy. A team of reporters drove electric for 6,000 miles through 17 states — to reflect on both the experience of being behind the wheel and the broader implications of the EV revolution.
Toyota’s luxury Lexus brand plans battery EV launch in 2020
- Lexus has joined the zero-emissions vehicle race with its first all-battery electric vehicle launching in 2020. The automaker hopes sales of its EVs and hybrids will outpace sales of its gasoline models by 2025.
It’s All in the Batteries
- The CEO of a battery company that’s developed a silicon-based chemistry to increase battery storage by 40 percent predicts “electrification, ridesharing and autonomy all intertwined.”